[ale] WRT54G Firmware

vf5 at plm.gatech.edu vf5 at plm.gatech.edu
Fri Apr 15 00:08:16 EDT 2005

I use junk PC's for routers sure. That's what my main router is now!

I agree Linksys had no OBLIGATION to help out it's fledgling
WRT communities, but it sure would have helped.

To the point, sometimes you don't want a big box with moving parts
and lots of excess on it. You want something simple that uses
only 7 Watts with no moving parts that can do just a few tasks.
For that, the WRT is a good widget, very flexible.

That said, back to business, Sveasoft "Talisman" firmware is supposed
to be released on Monday. Hope that helps.