[ale] What's so special about gmail invites?

alelist alelist at christopherrussell.net
Mon Sep 6 19:43:24 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 12:48, Chris Ricker wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, alelist wrote:
>
> > Do you sell the results of your analysis to a third party?
>
> Your question is pointless. Whether I answer it "yes" or "no", once you get
> my answer you will know the same two things you knew before you asked:
>
> 1. I could be selling analysis of inbound / outbound SMTP
> 2. There's no way you can tell if I am or not
>
> Consider <http://www.ciphertrust.com/spf_stats>. It's clear that CipherTrust
> did some fairly serious analysis of the emails their clients sent and
> received. That's not meant to criticize CipherTrust -- I at least have no
> problem with them doing that -- but to give you an example of it being done.
>
> later,
> chris

not so later, chris... You do not understand the situation.

Google involves a third party. The advertisers, who may inherit rights
and demands in the contract with GMail.

Read the links already supplied in these posts..., otherwise most people
would think that you do not care for Federal Law - just like Jet Blue!

chris
--
Certified Microsoft-free e-mail.