[ale] SuSE 9.2 Pro

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sat Oct 30 09:39:54 EDT 2004

Mostly self-inflicted.  I had broken dhcpcd somehow where it wouldn't
pick up gateways and DNS servers automatically.  I had choppy sound on
playing media after adding the xine and w32 codecs.
All that worked fine after the upgrade.  Whe I readded the codecs, the
sound was still fine.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
678-697-9420

>>>trey at fastmail.fm 10/30/04 8:36 am >>>
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:40:55 -0400
"James Taylor" <James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com> wrote:

>I got my copy of SuSE Pro 9.2 in the mail today.  I upgraded the SuSE
>9.1 install on my Thinkpad and after about 2 hours of churning (1976
>apps installed...), it came up and ran beautifully. It noticably sped
up
>performance, and it fixed a few nagging problems I had been putting off

>addressing.  So far so good...
>
>-jt

Out of curiosity, what issues had you been experiencing that this new
release
fixed?

--
Cheers,
Trey

You can measure a programmer's perspective by noting his attitude on
the continuing viability of FORTRAN.
-- Alan Perlis

Linux salamander 2.6.8-20041025161453-default #1 Mon Oct 25 16:14:53 UTC
2004
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
 8:36am  up 3 days  9:25,  3 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.38, 0.23

Ale mailing list
Ale at ale.org