[ale] speedfactory vs speakeasy?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon May 17 12:56:27 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 12:24, John Mills wrote:
> I have no experience with speedfactory, but I have often written here
> about my satisfaction with speakeasy. In addition to their business
> policies (encourage network sharing, WiFi, and running servers if you
> wish), two static IP addresses, and outstanding customer service, they
> recommend and support Linux, hosting (as I understand) the primary
> 'rpmfind' site. Also, they claim to be operating profitably, which I think
> is a "+"  after a number of ISPs went belly-up on me.
>
> I have only heard good things about speedfactory, too.
>
> Sounds like a 'win-win' choice.

I'm going to echo John on this. I use Speakeasy for my business an I
have a client using it as well. Excellent service people.

I have also heard nothing but glowing reports about Speedfactory. I
chose Speakeasy as they had the best fit package for my needs at the
time. It sounds like you can get what you need from either provider so
the choice boils down to price and business.

Speedfactory sounds to be a few $$ less per month. Speakeasy is a major
hosting provider of rpmfind. I use rpm-based distro's so the extra $2
per month was a justifiable cost to me. Speakeasy subscribers get a
_fast_ pipe to rpmfind! It's a nice perk.

The local business aspect of Speedfactory is also a big plus for them.

Toss a coin!

Write a script to randomly pick 2 numbers from 1-10. If the average is
less than 5, go Speedfactory, greater than 5, go Speakeasy, equal to 5,
start again.

 John Mills