[ale] speedfactory vs speakeasy?

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Mon May 17 12:25:54 EDT 2004

Lee, ALErs -

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Lee Hartley wrote:

> I am planning to go with one these two ISPs, I am currently moving
> towards speakeasy because they seem like a company worth supporting.but
> speedfactory is offering a faster connection for the same price I would
> be paying ( $59, speakeasy sys admin package).I know that many of you
> use these companies and I wondered if you had any thoughts about them

I have no experience with speedfactory, but I have often written here
about my satisfaction with speakeasy. In addition to their business
policies (encourage network sharing, WiFi, and running servers if you
wish), two static IP addresses, and outstanding customer service, they
recommend and support Linux, hosting (as I understand) the primary
'rpmfind' site. Also, they claim to be operating profitably, which I think
is a "+"  after a number of ISPs went belly-up on me.

I have only heard good things about speedfactory, too.

Sounds like a 'win-win' choice.

 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu