[ale] speedfactory vs speakeasy?

John Wells jb at devsea.com
Mon May 17 11:54:14 EDT 2004

Lee Hartley said:
> I am planning to go with one these two ISPs, I am currently moving
> towards speakeasy because they seem like a company worth supporting.but
> speedfactory is offering a faster connection for the same price I would
> be paying ( $59, speakeasy sys admin package).I know that many of you
> use these companies and I wondered if you had any thoughts about them

I've used both.  Left speedfactory for speakeasy a few months ago because
of a move to NC (no speedfactory here).

Both offer great service and support.  Speedfactory guys are very nice and
you get a knowledgeable technician right off the bat.  Speakeasy takes
maybe a minute longer during the day to get through to someone, but still
great support and very knowledgeable folks.  Both are linux friendly, as
well.

Go with Speedfactory if you'd like to support a local company. I'm sure
you'll be very happy either way.

John