[ale] DSPAM

Byron A Jeff byron at cc.gatech.edu
Wed May 12 23:37:50 EDT 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 10:21:27PM -0400, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> DSPAM is a big, honking bear to get setup right.

I see.

> Here's the ./configure line I used that started the magic happening:
>
> ./configure --enable-trusted-user-security --enable-bayesian-dobly
> --enable-chained-tokens --disable-signature-attachments --enable-bias
> --enable-large-scale --with-userdir=/var/lib/dspam
> --with-userdir-owner=root --with-userdir-group=mail
> --with-dspam-owner=root --with-dspam-group=mail --with-signature-life=14
> --disable-dependency-tracking --enable-virtual-users

OK. That's looks like something I can work with. I'll test it now....

Nope. Still delivered to my inbox. I guess I need to turn on debugging now.

Also this looks like a perfect setup for a config file. There should be no
reason that I have to recompile and reinstall just to get these features.
I put config files in even the most simple of my applications.

> I'm using the db4 stuff. One of the big gotcha's is "delivery to std
> out". Don't set that to "true". To stop getting the spam delivered to
> the inbox, "--disable-spam-delivery".

Well don't you think that should be on by default?! I'm installing a SPAM
filter to get rid of spam. I don't want it delivered to my mailbox. BTW
where does spam droppings go if not to the inbox?

Anyway if it gets rid of the spam effectively, then I guess I can afford to
suffer a bit getting it configured. I'll keep slugging until I get it working.

Man, SPAM SUCKS!

BAJ