[ale] Re: Ale Digest, Vol 9, Issue 50

Van Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Wed May 12 15:01:48 EDT 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:48:00 -0400
Jason Vinson <vinson.lists at charter.net> wrote:

> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:20:57 -0400
> From: Jason Vinson <vinson.lists at charter.net>
> Subject: Re: [ale] weird problems with SuSE 9.1
> Professional
> 	downloaded from	http://www.tux.org
> To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
>
> What do you see when you run it?  Does it do any output at
> all in a terminal if you launch it from the command line?
>
> I know it's a long shot, but check the perms on your
> ~/.<app> directory (i.e. ~/.phoenix since firefox still
> uses the old name)

the funny thing is that if you run it directly instead of
using the script it works under KDE, but if you run it from
Gnome it runs fine. Their default Gnome desktop leaves a lot
to be desired though... Yuck!!!

still a very strange issue. I've been googling for info on
this type of problem but haven't found any info

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator - ESC Dept
      _
     -o)
     /\\
    _\_v