[ale] Cells phones and Java and *Nix

Bridges, Doug DBridges at alston.com
Wed May 12 14:59:32 EDT 2004

Don't worry about getting the cheapest phone.  You can negotiate!  I went into AT&T wireless (yeah, I know they have a lot of complaints) about six months ago and got a $300 Motorola flip-phone for my wife and a Nokia 3650 for myself for $100.  We got this deal even though we were sharing an account.  I highly suggest that you go to Amazon.com's cell phone section and look and see if there is a cell phone that you like on there.  Then go to the regular in town store with the printout from Amazon and shoot
for the same deal.  For example, you can get a Sony Ericsson T610 phone (camera, bluetooth, Java, IR) for $200 on Amazon.  However, there is a $250 mail in rebate with new service with T-Mobile.  Thus, they will give you $50 and the phone if you sign up.

Douglas Bridges, Esq.
Altston & Bird LLP