[ale] Booting from Promise Ultra133 TX2

John Wells jb at devsea.com
Tue May 11 23:17:06 EDT 2004

John Wells said:
> Should the bios have an option to boot from a controller card?  Do I
need to search for a (probably nonexistant) bios update?  Or is there
another way?

Well....found a new bios update, and installed it.  It still won't
recongize full size of the drive, but now has a "SCSI" option under the
boot menu.

Selecting SCSI seems to work (although this is an IDE controller) and I
get the old familiar grub menu.  However, after selecting the kernel and
hitting enter to boot, the system instantly resets and goes back to POST.

I've looked at the grub settings and everything "seems" to be ok...how
would I go about debugging this problem?  With the reset, I'm not sure how
to capture any info...