[ale] 802.11g for linux?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue May 11 20:04:20 EDT 2004

John Wells wrote:
> BruceG said:
>
>>Dang, and I went for the 802.11A +B +G card with the Atheros chipset and
>
> madwifi drivers. Shoulda waited and went for prism54. (btw, not using
> the card, yanked it and went wired. Thinking about using it in a
> different machine for my kids)
>
> Hmm...that's the only card I could find at Best Buy that indicated support
> (I had a gift card there).  Bought the D-Link DWL-G520, which supposedly
> works with the madwifi drivers.  Are you stating that there's a problem
> with madwifi, or that you just opt not to go wireless currently?

3com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g PC Card, version 1.0 (3crwe154g72) in my
laptop and SMC EZ Connect g PCI card, (smc2802w) in another box.  Works
like a champ.  Talking right at 50 Mbps.  I added an antenna to the pci
card box and was talking to it from my laptop at my neighbor's house
across the street. That's with the AP (pci with the antenna) in my basement.