[ale] TV tuner card problem

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Sat May 8 10:15:26 EDT 2004

On Saturday 08 May 2004 08:18, you wrote:
> The pvr-250 is not a regular frame grabber.  It's a hardware based mpeg
> encoder.  Support for it is very limited.
> Calvin

Calvin, you made my day!
With Calvin, Geoffrey, Suse (and others helping) I KNOW I will be successful
with this installation - even if I have to learn a ton of new tricks.

I also learned that lack of autodetection is NOT Suse's fault. Well, unless I
happen to have an Bt878 (the fact that it would not autodetect supports the
theory that I have a Bt848 - but I am going to shut down and LOOK).

I appreciate all of the help!
I am going to hack at this another few hours, frustration has subsided.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com