[ale] OT: Indian outsourcing

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu Jan 29 00:08:41 EST 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 22:51, Joe Knapka wrote:
> Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net> writes:
> > Today, there are people calling themselves Senior Architects, Technical
> > Leads, and Project Managers who have none of the intuitive and ingrained
> > knowledge that years and years of experience bring.  It helps, for
> > instance, to be able to tell right off the bat if a problem is even
> > *computable* (think "traveling salesman") before even thinking about
> > writing the first line.
>
> And to know that even problems that aren't computable on their faces
> can often be effectively attacked using heuristics or stochastic
> methods.
>
> <http://www.lalena.com/ai/tsp/>
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Joe Knapka

Keep in mind that not everyone in the US has as much experience as you, Jeff.
Also keep in mind that there are some *amazing* guys over seas as well.

I believe that most of the time it is possible to find someone with *enough*
experience to complete the project in any of the major IT regions.

Finally, there is not much preventing a company from hiring you as a
consultant for this "tough hypothetical project" and then outsource the bulk
of the coding offshore.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com