[ale] how to create user with no password

Brian Sumner bcsumner at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 26 10:30:49 EST 2004

I think if you just delete the password entry in /etc/shadow (or the other file if you aren't using shadow passwords, I can't remember what it is right now) for that user that should take care of it.  There is a thread from yesterday/day before I think about resetting root's password that has detailed instructions for how to delete the password entry.