[ale] SO vs OO

Marvin Dickens marvindickens at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 5 14:16:20 EDT 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 13:03, Pete Hardie wrote:

> I have to ask - what are they doing that is so complex in *PowerPoint*???
> All the complexity I've ever seen is eye candy - OO does backgrounds,
> object positioning, and scripting as well as PP.

You missed my point: BOO, SO and MSOFFICE are all suites that have
applications
that work together. In any of these suites, if I have a presentation and a
word processing document, you can have interaction between the word
processing document, and the presentation document through API's. This is why
power users like business suites: For the ability of the different apps to
share data.  Powerpoint presentations, by themselves, may be *only* eye
candy. But the data that composes the eye candy and it's proper display are
the underlying issues.

Regards

Marvin Dickens