[ale] @ startx: under SuSE9.0, no devices detected & no screens found.....

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Mon Apr 5 11:47:16 EDT 2004

Courtney Thomas wrote:
: On original install, only 640x320 resolution was detected. Therefore
: using Yast, I attempted to improve resolution to at least 800x600.
:
: Anyway, the screen was so chaotic, I wound up with no X
: windows at all.
:
: Suggestions to get to 800x600 and 1024x768 ?
:
: BTW, an IBM G94 monitor.

make sure your monitor settings are correct.  i had trouble with an install of SuSE 8.2 because it was feeding an incorrect frequency to my monitor for the resolution i used.  typically after logging in the screen would go nuts and then blank.

yours might not be the same situation, but mine was totally monitor related.

preston