[ale] [WAY OT]Reverse Engineering MS Visual Basic Applications

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Sep 30 21:19:35 EDT 2003

> Not to chide anyone, but if someone pays to have software written for
> them, THEY OWN IT, not the writers. The company who writes it, unless
> they are devious and the client doesn't read the the agreement and
> PROTEST LOUDLY, should have no more claim to ownership of the code than
> the shoemaker does to the shoes on my feet.

Wasn't someone on this list saying that by default it is the opposite?
I thought the law was that the writer had ownership/copyright and the buyer
could not resell unless there was a contract that shows the buyer had the
rights?

Personally, I think that the buyer should have all of the rights - just as the
programmer should have all of the rights to the money they get paid.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com