[ale] (OT) event recording

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Nov 12 10:06:27 EST 2003

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 09:55 am, Charles Shapiro wrote:
> Uh. Michael and I are discussing this.
><snip>
> Another possibility is to go directly to digital via a laptop, sound
> card, and mike? And I have an Archos Jukebox 20 hard-disk based mp3
> player/recorder with an integrated mike. But the battery doesn't last
> too long. Hmm. As I say, we're still discussing this.

I'm willing to try something tomorrow night.  I think the audio input jack on
my laptop work, though I haven't tried it.  I'll try to scrounge up a mic and
record tomorrows meeting.

Can I get some recommendations for a way to record directly to ogg (or speex
or mp3)?  I don't think I have room for a full wav file of the meeting, so
I'd like to go directly to a compressed format.  I've never done that,
either.  I'm willing to try to set it up tonight for tomorrow's talk, but I'd
appreciate some advice.

Thanks,

Michael