[ale] OT: Grinch of the Geek World

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 10 18:54:07 EST 2003

The Grinch Who Stole Linux
-- by Scott Lazar

Every GNU
Down in GNU-ville
Liked Linux a lot...

But SCO,
who lived just North of GNU-ville,
Did NOT!

SCO hated Linux! The GNU Linux season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be that their heads weren't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that their shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that their bank account was two sizes too small.

But,
Whatever the reason,
Their wallet or their shoes,
They stood there looking at Linux, hating the GNUs,
Staring down from their cave with a sour, SCOy frown
At the warm lighted windows below in their town.
For they knew every GNU down in GNU-ville beneath
Was busy now, hanging a free wreath.

"And they're hanging their copyrights!" they snarled with a sneer.
"It's free software! It's practically here!"
Then they growled, with their SCO fingers nervously drumming,
"We MUST find a way to keep Linux from coming!"
For, tomorrow, they knew...

...All the GNU girls and boys
Would wake up bright and early. They'd rush for their GNU toys!
And then! Oh, the noise! Oh, the noise! Noise! Noise! Noise!
That's one thing they hated! The NOISE! NOISE! NOISE! NOISE!

For the whole story, visit: