[ale] Question for Debian users

Holmquist, Thomas W. HolmquistTW at cadet.com
Sun Nov 9 21:43:10 EST 2003

yes, apt-get is the best tool ever.

to install packages you do apt-get install package1 package2 (ex. apt-get install mozilla)
It downloads, installs, and configures the packages automatically.
I run stable on all my servers, and unstable on all my desktop.

another cool thing is when you first install debian, it only has a few basic packages, (ex. a shell, text editor, kernel, etc.) this way, you dont have programs you don't need and dont need.