[ale] Question for Debian users

Tom & JaVonn pairoftwins at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 9 20:58:35 EST 2003

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:11:32 -0500
David Corbin <dcorbin at machturtle.com> wrote:

> The other thing that is great, is apt - it's easy to keep your system up to
> date, or to install new packages.  Upgrades are extremely easy.  Two
> commands, and poof, I'm running the new version.  I've been through about 3-4
> version upgrades, and it has never been a problem.

I'll second that.

#apt-get update
#apt-get upgrade

Lots of mirrors of the official packages available, too.

PLUS if you look over http://www.apt-get.org/ you'll find lots of "unofficial" packages including backports from unstable.  Add a line to your /etc/apt/sources.list and you can pull in any of them, while apt resolves the dependencies.

Tom