[ale] emacs edt/lse emulation

Zycinsky, Bill Bill.Zycinsky at scigames.com
Fri Nov 7 16:13:29 EST 2003

I come from an Open VMS background and I am beginning to consider Linux for
a new system development.  Recently I have been trying to get emacs to work
with edt emulation. I am also using an LK461 keyboard hooked up to a PC
running Red Hat 9. When I start emacs in edt-emulation-on or
tpu-emulation-on it tells me that I need to map the keys. So I run "emacs -q
-l edt-mapper.el" and I've tried "emacs -q -l tpu-mapper.el."  which allow
me to assign keys. When it gets to the PF1 key, it will not accept numlock.
I believe other keys will turn out to be a problem like Num-Comma for
example. I've had the exact same experience using a standard pc keyboard.

How do I customize the Linux to allow me to emulate the edt/lse environment
that I'm used to?