[ale] [OT] Oh.... My.... God!

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Nov 6 13:50:36 EST 2003

I'm SO excited! I've had this shrinkrapped copy of Visual Studio .NET
2002 Professional (supplied by my illustrious employer) sitting in my
office for six months or so, but I've been muddling along with VS6.0
for the few tasks for which I still need C++. But the other day I
found out that someone had changed some code that affects me in a way
that mandates that it be built with VC++.NET, so I decided to go ahead
and install it on my decrepit old 233Mhz NT4 box (which *did* in fact
meet the minimum system requirements for VS.NET, much to my surprise).

The attempted installation was a near-total disaster, requiring me to
re-install IE5 (!) and probably NT (though I haven't got that far
yet). But in the VS.NET box, along with the boring old CDs, I found
something ABSOLUTELY AMAZING - a 3x4 foot glossy class diagram of the
entire .NET framework!!! And another one of the VB class heirarchy!!!!
(VB has class? Who knew??)  And another one, of the infernally
complicated MS data-access object heirarchy!!!!!  I know it's a little
silly to be swayed by such trivia, but I just sat and drooled for half
an hour or so, and then realized that I've actually been converted to
M$ism! I just CANNOT RESIST the charm and charisma of an organization
that would give me probably $40 worth of artwork ABSOLUTELY FREE with
my $1000 investment in software!!!!!!

Believe me, with posters like these, M$ cannot possibly lose.  I'm off
to blow $5000 on an MSDN subscription. I bet I'll get some *really*
cool stuff with that.  All you open-source weenies are goin' down,
man. Hard.

Really.

Cheers,

-- Joe Knapka