[ale] Maxtor drives

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Thu May 29 13:04:51 EDT 2003

i was worried for a time that it was a reiserfs issue as two drives in the same box went down within a week of each other.  being a LUG of one, i hit google but didn't find anything hinting to the fact of reiser being the culprit.  never had a problem with reiser (which is good given my limited experience), and continue to use it.

maxtor furnished replacements without much hassle, but they are still sitting on my shelf.  will try another brand for the forseeable future and maybe will revisit maxtor on a later date.

Preston