[ale] New website for H1B [Slightly OT]

Andrew Newton anewton at ecotroph.net
Tue May 27 18:54:56 EDT 2003

Jason Day wrote:

> The last thing anybody needs is more unions.  Just look at the steel,
> auto, and airline industries for proof.

Not all unions operate in such a manner.  So I think they are getting
the short-shrift here.

There is also another tool: professional certification.  Not things like
  CNE or MSCE or CCNE or whatever, but thinks like what the other
engineers have: Professional Engineering certification.

-andy

ps.  I also think most people here are confusing the visa issue with
outsourcing to offshore.  They are separate things.