[ale] video card recommendation?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon May 26 23:18:09 EDT 2003

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> Correctly picked
> everything but the video cards. The cards work of course, but there
> is too much labor involved for me (not a pro or hobbist - just
> someone that wants a Linux box that installs without much config) :(

Drew, I'm afraid you're in a bit of a gray area here.  You know enough
to be dangerous. :)  You're on the border of the kind of person who
could do complete install on their, and the kind of person who should
purchase a prebuilt system.

> <Permanently swinging back on topic>: I have just bought a Matrox
> card (due to Geoffrey and Suse's comments) and an ATI to see if one
> will install correctly from boot.

I hope you didn't put a lot of credence in my Matrox suggestion.  My
primary focus was that you should research it on the Xfree site.  Do let
us know how it goes though.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...