[ale] OT Toshiba Satellite 2505 RAM

Joe jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 27 21:50:08 EST 2003

Rafos701 at aol.com writes:

> Pending my temporary move here to facilitate a meteoric rise in the IT field,
> I use only notebooks. Though finding I am ignorant in the IT field, and
> getting any job, inc MW, I can remark on your problem, maybe.
> If you have something (don't know Tosh's too well,) below 233 MHz, the
> machine may only like EDO RAM, which physically is identical to the item you
> obtain at e.g. best Buy.

You're exactly right, as I've discovered by talking to some guys at a
local PC shop. Turns out the Satellite series requires not only EDO
DRAM, but a specific kind of EDO DRAM manufactured either for or by
Toshiba; generic EDO SoDIMMs won't work. I guess it's off to eBay
for me.

Thanks,

-- Joe Knapka