[ale] Feedback on Wireless Standards

Kilroy, Chris Chris.Kilroy at turner.com
Thu Mar 27 10:09:45 EST 2003

A: (+) faster and not as prone to interference
   (-) shorter range, more expensive
B:  (+) cheapest, decent range
   (-) prone to interference
G:  (+) supposed to combine the best of both of the above
   (-)  standard not agreed upon yet, expensive.

i'm not a wireless guru, so the above generalizations are potentially debatable.

->
->Hey all,
->
->I'm in the market for a wireless system for my home
->network. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on
->plus/minuses of the three standards out there. A, B, and G.
->
->Specifically, I was looking at the Linksys Wireless
->Router/Hub but I'm willing to look at other models.
->
->TIA,
->
->
->=====
->Kevin Stoll
->http://kevinstoll.com/
->
->OpenSource Software...FREE!
->Angering Bill Gates...priceless.
->
->Do you Yahoo!?
->Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!
->http://platinum.yahoo.com
->Ale mailing list
->Ale at ale.org