[ale] ...I am free (or SpeedFactory rocks!)

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sat Mar 15 19:49:33 EST 2003

Guys,

After finally giving up on BellSouth and PPPOE (while service was good
overall, an increasing amount of connection drops due to PPPOE was driving
me crazy), I bit the bullet and fronted the $150 for SpeedFactory's static
ip router.

Man, this was the greatest investment I've ever made.  I've been with them
about a week and having a great time.  With BS, I could expect a
connection drop every hour at the least, sometimes coming as often as
every five minutes....very infuriating when trying to download large files
or listen to internet radio, or when you have approx. 10 remote xterms
going and you're forced to restart them all.

With SpeedFactory, I pay $10 more per month for static IP and no PPPOE.  A
STEAL.  I've been comparing average transfer rates with those I was
getting on BS and SF has been averaging around 25% faster.

And I haven't had to reset the connection once.  It never goes down.

I THOROUGHLY recommend going with SpeedFactory.  You won't regret it.

John