[ale] [semi-OT] confidentiality banner for Samba/Winboxes

Mazukna, Thomas Thomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Thu Mar 6 10:36:46 EST 2003

Yes, dll are compiled code, but they include "resouces".
these resourves are dialog boxes, string tables, etc. which are stored as
is.
You can go in open a dll in a resoiurce editor, or any .exe for that matter
and change the icon which is compiled into it. same goes for dialog boxes.
You can edit those - move fields around, add new fields and if you do not
change the resource and field IDs you can get away with pretty much
anything.
One practical joke was changing start button on my managers box to say
"crash" and have scull and bones instead of windows logo.

Tomas