[ale] nvidia kernel driver compile [solved]

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Thu Mar 6 10:25:32 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 09:51:25AM -0500 James Sumners <james at sumners.ath.cx> wrote:
> Maybe I really don't know anything about the AMD chips but, isn't the athlon a
> 32-bit chip?

beats me.  probably.

I think I found the answer, though.  I figured because I was so bloody
smart that I didn't need to use the NVchooser.sh script from nvidia that
is supposed to tell you which drivers to use.  So, I figured I'd get the
amd64 drivers because, well, that looked the closest.  When nothing
compiled properly and someone suggested the newer ia64 drivers, I
thought, "what the heck, just try the script."

Turns out the script said to use an older and more generic version of
the ia32 drivers.  All compiled nicely, and I've got my GLCore and
nvidia.o running nicely now.

Now, I just have to figure out how to get quake(2,3) runing!  :-)

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net