[ale] Samba tricks?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 3 22:09:40 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 07:29:30PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> Neither Robert nor I said anything about automagically downloading drivers.

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I just recently setup CUPS on one of my boxes
at home, and while researching CUPS and samba I saw a howto for the
automagic driver download to clients.  Both Robert's original message
and his followup led me to believe that was what he was looking for.

Jason

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 03:27:13PM -0500, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> I'm talking about having samba share out printer drivers for multiple
> clients.  So that when the Windows guy goes and installs a printer on
> a desktop, etc it pulls the correct driver from the samba server and
> the
> tech doesn't have to carry around 50 floppies of windows printer
> drivers.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9