[ale] Samba tricks?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Mar 3 19:29:30 EST 2003

Jason Day wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 03:39:37PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>I do that at home.  I just drop the drivers in a directory on the share:
>>
>>/share/win-drivers
>>/share/win-drivers/hp-printer
>>/share/win-drivers/epson
>>
>>When I go to install the driver, I just select that folder.
>

> No, there is a way to setup samba so that printer drivers are
> automagically downloaded by clients,

I didn't say that.  Although you snipped his part of the posting, he
said he just wanted to save the techs from running around with a bunch
of floppies.  I can easily tell windows to browse for the driver and it
will browse to the shares I've noted above.

Neither Robert nor I said anything about automagically downloading drivers.

but I think you must be using CUPS

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...