[ale] RH8.0: first impressions

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Mar 2 18:42:36 EST 2003

I did an strace to see what wland actually did.  It seems that it is a
program that allows configuration of a card and it not required during
communications on that network.  It must be required since ifconfig is
really clueless of SSID's, WEP, and other 802.11b features.  So a user
land program is only required to get the card up and running in the
first place.  Kismet will also use this method to configure the card for
use with kismet.