[ale] Inexpensive broadband recommendations

Transam transam at verysecurelinux.com
Mon Feb 17 21:47:48 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 03:59:04PM -0500, Mike Lockhart wrote:
> I get my cable tv / internet thru comcast for $40 and some change a
> month, good service overall too.

I suspect that Mike has been fortunate to not have had any problems.  I have
and their customer service and competency is (in my opinion) one of the worst
I've ever experienced.  If you manage to get beyond the hour plus hold times
and get a human, the first question they will ask is "What OS?"

Even if you explain that the problem is unrelated, such as "I think you
keyed my MAC address wrong during the initial install," they will insist
on an answer.  Answer other than "WinBloz" or "Mac", they will hang up.

Their service goes out for 48 hours at a time every few months.

Bob

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"
   -- Bob Toxen 10/03/2002