[ale] The rest of Redhat - FREE HAT!!! FREE HAT!!!

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Feb 12 11:43:37 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Jonathan Rickman wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
>
> > SLS = Slackware Server?

Soft Landing Systems. It was one of the early Linux distros -- predates
Slack by about a year.

> > > Spoken by a man who obviously never ran SLS ;-)
>
> ...or by a man who questions whether or not that POS could really be
> considered a distro.

That's just a little harsh. It was primitive by today's standards, but
it totally rocked compared to the alternative at the time ;-)

On a more serious note, I do have a real question. I've run most distros,
but the only Linux I've ever had to manage across hundreds of machines
was either Red Hat or MSC.Linux. I know Robert has a big flock of Debian
machines, and you're a Slackware fan. What do you guys use for installation
of lots of machines and management afterwards?

I know about the stuff at http://www.sisuite.org/, but I'm curious what
else is out there. Anything for automated installs (like jumpstart /
kickstart), or is it all system-imaging stuff?

later,
chris