[ale] Computers for sale with Linux installed.

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Mon Feb 3 08:50:17 EST 2003

But if you do that, bring along a tomsrtbt floppy to check for the buggy
CMD640 and RZ1000 IDE controller chips in the Pentium classics.  About a
third of all machines made in that era have them and are to be avoided.
Also know that for machines of that age, you may have to replace CMOS
batteries; that's a slightly expensive proposition if it's the Dallas
real-time-clocks with the battery built in.

- Jeff