[ale] ALE

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sat Feb 1 09:27:36 EST 2003

On Saturday 01 February 2003 02:05, tom wrote:
> As a matter of convention, I would not post to an ALE list with a
> Hotmail mailbox.

LOL!

> As for our ALEFEST, everyone is welcome. I am establishing a venue.
> Sat, Feb 8, 6pm, Central City Tavern. Corner of Peachtree and Collier.
> I can get some drink specials if we can decide on a brand.

...if you post it, they will come...

As to beer brand I vote for Guinness because, like the middle of most of
us "middle" aged geeks, it is Stout.

ALSO...
In the interest of expanding the exclusive use of Linux and OSS at
FreeBytes, Watson McKeel is checking on the possibility of a FreeBytes
Linux installation invasion (of sorts) for the afternoon of Feb 8th.
Since the drinks always taste a little better when toasting a "job well
done", this may be a nice precursor to our geek gathering. Also of note
is that the Peachtree and Collier address is just a few minutes drive
from the Piedmont at Lindbergh FreeBytes site.

To explore the situation further I will be volunteering a few hours at
FreeBytes and working with Watson this afternoon. I will follow up with
info on any Feb. 8th FreeBytes Linux installation invasion plans as they
progress.

peace
(after justice)
aaron