[ale] OT: Re: posting to Linux mail list

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Dec 30 20:31:26 EST 2003

Greg wrote:
> I was thinking of Visual Studio, however others had their own
> programs (as I am sure there are many others).  Linux is not the
> perfect system for everyone and lacks stuff.

I'm not up on Visual Studio, but I believe it's a gui dev. tool, of
which I'm not fond, thus I see little value in it.

> Another example is VB.  How can Linux run a company's tailored
> software (mission critical) if it is in VB ??  and I don't think
> "Export it to Open Source" is a good business reason to put forth.

VB is just another scripting language, worse, it's the cause of many
security issues.  How can Linux run a company's tailored software if it
is in VB?  You rewrite it in a safer better language.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net