[ale] OT: Re: posting to Linux mail list

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Fri Dec 19 11:22:53 EST 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, David Corbin wrote:

> I'm with Geoffrey on this.  MS business policy/strategy is to lock their
> customers in.  I don't see how telling them what we want is going to convince
> them to change.   All you're doing is telling them WHERE they should be
> locking their customers in.

*shrug* I don't see where stating that we avoid buying MS because

* protocols are closed
* file formats are closed

hurts anything. Best case, they open up and I have another vendor I can buy
from / integrate with. Worst case, they remain closed and I continue
to take my business elsewhere (ie, the current status quo ;-).

later,
chris