[ale] [OT] Residential Data/Voice/Video Wiring

Mike Murphy mike at tyderia.net
Mon Dec 1 18:14:29 EST 2003

In some places (not really sure about GA) there are code requirements
about wire that goes outside the home (Ie, connects to the power or
phone company, but also connects to your satelite dish or tv antenna --
lightning and all).

I was referring to finding someone to help one figure out how to split
their DSS signal the right way, etc. I know about how loosly contractors
are regulated in GA (in fact, you don't even need a license, there is no
state general contractors license, though in most localities you need a
license or certifacation to work as a plumber or electrician, and you
might need other licenses or license like certifications to get a house
to pass inspection). It has been my experience that there a plenty of
good honest contractors out there, but also a few really
stupid/dishonest ones as well.

Mike

--

Mike Murphy