[ale] Reply-To Issue [New Thread]

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 22 13:47:15 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 12:45:15PM -0400, Mike Lockhart wrote:
> I can't do that due to the fact that I use evolution for my email.

Well, that's not entirely true.  You could use fetchmail to retrieve
your mail from the server, and you could still use Evolution to read the
mail locally, and send mail through your server.

Of course, this kind of defeats the purpose of IMAP, but it can be done.

On the other hand, it seems like it should be possible to create a rule
in Evolution to rewrite a header like this.  I've never tried it,
though.  And even if it's not currently possible, it is open source :)

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9