[ale] Defeated by the offshoring of America....

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Apr 14 15:42:36 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> If you get a manager making very high in the 6/7 figures and 7 figure
> bonus's who won't do a "just pay me $1.00 to save the jobs of the hard
> workers this year" I'd question how much the high paid execs care about
> the long term health of the company.

DING! For many (? the vast majority?) of publically held companies in this
country employees are commodity widjets. Need some more? go to the supply
room and activate a few. Too many? throw some out. Which makes the
employee about as important to the company as a piece of paper.

Except that a piece of paper cann't smile a customer and make him feel
welcomed.

Except that piece of paper cann't spend the five/ten years that it may
take to open up new business.

Except that a piece of paper cann't understand the customer's problem and
work out a usable solution.

I've said it before: Why don't we offshore top management? Surely there
are experienced managers who would jump at the chance to earn 10% of top
US managements income.