[ale] ALE reply-to changes needed?? -- VOTE @ www.cade.org/ale_reply.php

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sat Apr 12 19:39:40 EDT 2003

As it happens, it is pretty easy to restrict voting to once per IP address
with PHP.  That should cut down on this silliness (unless the cheaters are
on dynamic ips...still, it would make them work a bit harder).

I move that, if we truly want to use Calvin's poll, he whips up some quick
code to restrict via ip (Calvin, maintain file of ips who've voted and
check that before allowing a vote to go through), and start with a clean
slate.

As if it matters, I think standard ways of doing things (esp. in our
field) are important and are probably "standards" for very good reasons.
If we wish to deviate from the standard way of doing this for nothing else
than to make life easier for a few folks who fail to check their TO: line,
I think it's a bad idea.

So there.

John