[ale] VNC

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Apr 3 00:12:11 EST 2003

I've liked VNC and I've hated it.  Mostly due to speed.  It seems
that even on 100Base-T it is still slow.  TightVNC has helped out
a lot in fixing that problem.

Anyway, it really should just be used as emergency access.  Anything
else and the speed will get you.  What would be awesome is a RDP server
in KDE of Gnome.  RDP is a better protocol and is faster. But, speed can
also be affected with a poor implementation of RDP.

Using VNC constantly starts out as a novelty then gets old really fast.