[ale] Jumping feetfirst into DS(hel)L

Dennany, Jerome {D177~Roswell} JEROME.DENNANY at ROCHE.COM
Wed Apr 2 14:16:13 EST 2003

I'm certain earthlink and the other providers would be interested in
hearing of this...

Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe [mailto:jknapka at earthlink.net]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 11:26 AM
To: ale at ale.org

"We will 100% gaurantee you have working service on your start date."

Of course, he said, that's because SBC owns the copper coming into my
house. If I went through Earthlink or one of the other local DSL
providers, he said, "We would drag our feet" when activating the
service. I was very surprised that he was willing to make that statement
on a call that (he told me) was being recorded. (Then again, perhaps the
recent deregulation stuff makes it legal.)

---------