[ale] Sendmail

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Sep 20 20:04:55 EDT 2002

I have these line in /etc/sendmail.cf

# Smart host
DSsmtp.mindspring.com
# Use this mailer to reach the Smart host
DNsmtp

Mail originates from my clients and is relayed through to mindspring
mail servers. This is allowed because my access is known to mindspring
throught their authentication process. Email from me, which is generated
inside my firewall, sent from my email server and traveling out through
mindspring, shows as having originated from my server, not mindspring.

The no relay is required since it is currently illegal to assassinate
spammers.