[ale] .NET [OT-Highjack] Cobb Co. Creationism

Kilroy, Chris Chris.Kilroy at turner.com
Thu Oct 31 14:36:14 EST 2002

Cobb Co attempting to have Biblical creationism taught in science classes under the guise of being a legitimate 'science'.  and at the very least trying to debase the scientific communities explanation of the origin of the universe, nevermind that there are thousands of different independently performed experiments from peoples of virtually every culture yielding an understanding of certain facts that make the currently accepted cosmological theories of an expanding universe clearly as the most reasonable conclusion in any sort of parsinomious analysis.

of course non-Christian religious myths about the origin of the universe are neglected, etc etc etc.  i think religion classes are good actually to help people understand history, literature, etc.  i went to a catholic school, and even though i'm not catholic i would send my kids to that same school in a heartbeat.  but attempting to teach religious myth as if it were fact (ie in a science classroom) is deceitful.  If you permit the teacher to analyze the doctrine with teh sorts of scientific skepticism that he/she can attack scientific findings, it would be one thing.  I'm fairly sure that however would not be permitted.  Since page 1 and 2 of the bible already cant get it straight as to how the universe really started.  So it wouldnt take too long.

so in summary we all have our hot button issues for some people it is the digital cameras for me it is this :P  i think it is time to try to flush some of this coffee out of the system ;-)

happy halloween =D

->
->