[ale] OT: former Commodore ubergeek

tslane at attbi.com tslane at attbi.com
Tue Oct 29 15:19:02 EST 2002

** sigh... **

I remember reading in "Just for Fun" how Linus started
out shadowing the C64 kernel/BASIC to the underlying RAM
blocks for hacking/customizing and thinking:

"HEY!  I used to do THAT!"

somewhere along the line he went on to write Linux and I
went on to become a mild-mannered (well, not always MILD)
Oracle DBA & (now) Linux sysadmin.

oh, well, I guess there are worse jobs out there...  ;-)