[ale] Wierd OpenOffice Bug

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 25 13:42:46 EDT 2002

On Friday 25 October 2002 11:02 am, Josh Freeman wrote:
> I've done something wierd to OpenOffice 1.0.1 that I can't figure out.
> For some reason, when I open up OpenOffice now, the rulers on the
> horizontal axis and vertical axis don't match. In other words, the ruler
> on the horizontal axis is using a larger inch than the ruler on the
> vertical axis.

Josh,
My first guess is that this is a display problem.  Pull up a
document, any document, print it out, and put a ruler on the
document.  I'm betting that the actual printout will match the
software "ruler."  If so, you might check your screen resolution:
if the ratio of the video output (1024X768 for example) doesn't
match the ratio of your screen, distortion will occur.  Also check
the pixel dimensions per inch for horiz. and vert. Mine, for example,
are 96X92.  If I force the video card to assume the pixels are
92X92, the screen image will be distorted.

Sean

---